Monday, July 2, 2012

Tips, Tricks and Secrets: Trout




TROUT


  • Trout are fun to catch on flies, and I believe that fly fishing was created for catching trout and other species that eat bugs, and then later developed into a sport where a wide variety of species could be taken. I will later to a part on just fly fishing/tying but for this post we'll be talking about bait/lure fishing.    
  • Trout in lakes like power-bait but in streams, its a different ball-game. In streams, spinners a popular, but streams are best for fly-fishing. Spinners such as rooster tails, and panther-martins are widley used. Trout eat other trout minnows and other species of minnows so that is a good choice where there will be bait-fish. Simple 2-way eagle claw spinners that have a hook with four colored beads and a small spinner blade work great for clear and semi-clear water. Worms are classical, but catch everything in the lake/stream. I was fishing in a small pond and fished with out a bobber because I didn't know at what depth the fish would be at but I still caught three rainbows.
  • I will have another fly fishing section just for trout.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment