Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fly fishing at Clear Lakes County Club, Buhl Idaho

Clear Lake is one of the best fly fishing spots I've been to in southern Idaho. For me it only cost 3.50 to fish ( I think its based on age). Its fly fishing only, so sorry spin fisherman. There is a stream leading out to the river and I've fished there a few times, I see large yellow trout swimming and I can see some rainbows faintly. I was using an EHC (elk hair caddis) and within 7 or 8 casts I had hooked into a large yellow. The current was making him feel like he was 20 inches. I had him right up next to me and then SNAP he broke off. I call him Walter and I can still see him because the fly is still in his mouth. I tried fishing from shore, but in the summer when the reeds are growing there a dock and that was probably the best place to fish from. It's best if you have a float tube or in the winter, waders. Overall this is probably my favorite place to go fly fishing that I've discovered in my month of living in Idaho. Also, Its a great golf course.

No comments:

Post a Comment