Thursday, July 5, 2012

Lost River outfitters Ketchum, Idaho (review)

This is by far the best fly shop I've ever been to. There was lots of clothing and other apparel, flies, tying materials, fishing tools and best of all the fishing report was up-to-date and the lady there was very helpful. When I asked her what was hatching down on the Big Wood, she told me the drakes hatching at night and that brown-orange foam hoppers were good if the drakes weren't hatching. I bought some detached bodied mayflies, some brown-orange hoppers, a fly that I forgot the name to ( it had pheasant tail feathers and a shuck for a tail, a coppery type chenille and a copper wire rib for a body, at the front it had peacock herl and a bit of deer hair facing the opposite way it would on an elk hair cassis, and a green hackle at the front) and an iridescent parachute adams.   Like I said before, this is the best fly shop I've been to and if you're going through Ketchum then I suggest stopping there.

No comments:

Post a Comment