Friday, October 19, 2012

Silver Creek Chronicles Overview

   I LOVE SILVER CREEK!!! What I'm trying to say is that I am going to start a new post series. These are basically titles that I put on a certain post. For example, you probably see a lot of: ,"Bait Review:" posts. I am going to do the same with Silver Creek.
  Some information on it: Its a Spring Fed "Fork" of the Big Wood. As we all know, water takes the path of least resistance. The Big Wood doesn't want to flow through the lava beds so it goes under and creates Silver Creek. The Fishing Facts: It has 6,000 fish per stream mile. It's World famous because it is so hard. It had rainbow trout, brown trout, brook trout, and Mountain Whitefish.
  I'm only 11 so I'm no Tom Rosenbauer (excuse my spelling) but I'm beginning to get the hang of it ( on Silver Creek, I'm actually pretty good. Its just the fish are so smart there). I'm already planning my next trip (that's what my dad says, I'm planning my next four) and I'm going to try to hit the legendary Brown Drake and Trico hatch at least twice for both of them.
  I kind of have a bucket-list for things to happen at Silver Creek. I want to catch my first Brown Trout (and possibly mountain white fish and brookie too) there, I want to catch any fish over 25", and believe me, they get bigger then that, I want to go into my backing there, because all the other lunker's I've caught we're fat and lazy.
  Thanks for reading! It might be a couple more months until I go again but when I do I'll make sure to get some video.

No comments:

Post a Comment