Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Review of Cabelas Wind River Fly combo

This is gonna be my first review. I recently received on of these fly rods. It came with no dents or other problems. The one I ordered was a 905-4 which means 9 foot, 5 weight, 4 piece. It also had backing, WF (weight forward) line, leader, and tippet. I don't know how to test the quality of the backing because the fish I've caught aren't very big. The line rates to be 7 out of 10 because, well, it comes in the combo. The tippet is probably a 4 out of 10 but I'm not the greatest caster.  The reel is cast-aluminum and its good quality and the rod is good also. I've caught small ( I mean like 10 inch small) rainbows on it and it held up well, of course that's not much of a fight.Overall I was satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment